Mercedes-Benz Windshield and Glass Replacement
To promote and maintain its rigorous standards of quality and safety, if a collision repair is necessary, Mercedes-Benz strongly recommends that all repairs are to be performed by a certified technician using only genuine Mercedes-Benz body parts.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement glass is manufactured to tolerances based on the original design. Choosing authentic Mercedes-Benz glass ensures proper fitment, visual clarity, windshield wiper performance, and the overall integrity of your vehicle. Aftermarket variants do not meet the exacting specifications of genuine Mercedes-Benz glass.
- Solar glass coatings provide UV protection and heat load reduction. Aftermarket variants often do not have this reflective technology. This technology optimizes air conditioning performance and can improve fuel economy.
- Genuine Mercedes-Benz glass and the attached moldings have been validated with exposure testing, including UV, chemical, temperature, tear, and abrasion resistance. Aftermarket windshields and moldings are often made with materials that do not meet the standards used in Mercedes-Benz exposure tests.
- Genuine Mercedes-Benz glass can have special acoustic dampening technologies within the layering of the glass. Aftermarket variants usually do not utilize this technology, which may result in increased wind, road, and engine noise in your vehicle’s cabin.
- Genuine Mercedes-Benz glass often incorporates various electrical components, including driver-assistance cameras, rain sensors, antennae, and heating elements. Aftermarket glass often does not account for these complex electrical components and may interfere with your vehicle’s electronic systems, or cause these electronic systems to not function properly.
- Glass components are also often a part of the vehicle structural assembly. Using factory-authored removal and replacement procedures, including the use of advanced adhesives specific to each model, helps ensure that the car is operating at its best.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz replacement parts and accessories installed by certified technicians help preserve the performance and integrity of your vehicle. In addition, using genuine Mercedes-Benz parts helps maintain your vehicle’s residual value.