Meet the 2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan
A is for advanced. With the new Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX), the A-Class drives a new generation of user-friendly tech. Quite possibly the most capable, natural and intuitive speech interface from any automaker, it’s easy to learn because it learns you.
Imagine your world completely under your control. Mercedes-Benz already has. They call it the 2019 A-Class. A Mercedes-Benz that listens to you, anticipates your needs and can fulfill your requests with natural voice recognition. For a glimpse of what’s possible, just “say the word” and watch now.
With a touchscreen in the dash, a touchpad on the console, and Touch Control Buttons on the steering wheel, the A-Class cockpit is as easy to use as your smartphone. Just scroll, swipe and select from illustrated menus on the dual dash displays.
No need for formal commands in your A-Class. Say “Hey, Mercedes, it’s cold in here” or “I need a coffee,” and MBUX controls many cabin features, or the available MB-Navigation, like you’re old friends. Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto are standard, too.
Next-generation assists are available to help de-stress driving: Change lanes with a tap of a turn signal. Adaptive cruise can help steer, stop-and-go in traffic, even slow for an offramp. Safety sensors can help protect your hearing before a crash.
Available wireless charging lets you refuel your compatible phone’s battery as you drive. NFC pairing connects your phone more easily, and links it every time you get in. And with five USB-C ports, there’s a plug for every passenger.
Change how you see yourself, and you’ll go places. The Parking Assistance Package combines a multicamera Surround View System with hands-free Active Parking Assist. So you can scope out the scene, and make a smooth entrance.
Mercedes me connect makes ownership easy. Access Remote Start or Lock/Unlock, see your vehicle status, or schedule service, all from your phone. MBUX can update itself in your driveway. And in-car WiFi for up to eight devices is available for a low monthly rate.
A is for attention-getting. The clean lines, LED lighting and aggressive stance of the A-Class are designed to capture admiring eyes. Its ultramodern cabin and premium appointments aim to captivate its driver and passengers for years to come.
The toned physique of the A-Class Sedan is all-new, but its details are iconic. The famous Star anchors the wide, subtly forward-leaning grille. In profile, it’s clean and perpetually fresh, honed to slice through the air and the clutter of other cars.
With 100% LED lighting inside and out, and available active LED headlamps (both pioneered by Mercedes-Benz), the A-Class shines whether coming or going. Or staying, for that matter: 64-color ambient cabin lighting is available, too.
The Star on the outside is earned on the inside. The roomy, refined cabin includes power front seats with memory. Dual-zone, double-filtered climate control. A Panorama roof. And options from ventilated seats to a hands-free trunklid.
Dual 7-inch digital displays keep you clearly informed and thoroughly entertained. Available 10.25-inch screens raise the bar and widen the view. Circular dash vents go with the flow, including the available 64-color ambient lighting.
Sure, it looks solid on standard 17-inch wheels. Or choose from five 18- or 19-inch options. Two come with AMG® bodywork, a chrome diamond-block grille, plus sporty chassis and cockpit items. Two more go with the black-accented Night Package.
A is for athletic, agile and active. With turbo power, seven speeds, four drive modes, and three suspension options, the A 220 and all-wheel-drive A 220 4MATIC® Sedans turn 188 horses and 221 lb-ft of torque into rapid response and full-time fun.
DYNAMIC SELECT® lets you fine-tune your A-Class with the tap of a console button. Four modes vary shift points, throttle response, steering feel and more: efficient ECO, everyday Comfort, sharpened Sport, and create-your-own Individual.
Quick reflexes with a quality ride come from independent suspension at all four wheels. The AMG® Line lowers its ride height for a more athletic stance. An optional multimode adaptive setup syncs up with DYNAMIC SELECT®.
Lightweight, agile, variable-torque 4MATIC® adds to your driving confidence, from winter’s wrath to cornering fun. It can send power from the front to the rear wheels of the A 220 4MATIC® instantly and expertly in response to available traction.
Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.
1) Apple CarPlay™ is a product of Apple Inc. Android Auto is a product of Google Inc. Device and app providers’ terms and privacy statements apply. Requires connected compatible device and data plan. Apps, content and features are selected solely by their providers. Connection to apps and streaming services may be limited by the device’s network connection. Data usage is routed through device and subject to fees, charges and restrictions in user’s wireless plan. Vehicle’s factory audio/information interface, including COMAND® navigation and the apps of Mercedes-Benz mbrace® may not be used simultaneously with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. When Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is in use, the steering-wheel voice control button accesses Siri® or Google voice recognition software for voice commands.
2) While the navigation system provides directional assistance, the driver must remain focused on safe driving behavior, including paying attention to traffic and street signs. The driver should utilize the system’s audio cues while driving and should only consult the map or visual displays once the vehicle has been stopped in a safe place. Maps do not cover all areas or all routes within an area.
3) Some systems are optional. Even the most advanced safety systems may not be sufficient to avoid an accident. It is the driver’s responsibility at all times to be attentive to traffic and road conditions, and to provide the steering, braking and other driving inputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle. Drivers are cautioned not to wait for system alerts before braking or taking evasive action, as that may not afford sufficient time and distance. See Operator’s Manual for system operating speeds and additional information and warnings.
4) Wireless charging and NFC pairing available only for devices with compatible technology and size. See Operator’s Manual for more information. Devices sold separately.
5) An adapter is required to connect USB-A devices. One adapter is provided with the vehicle.
6) Parking assistance systems are not substitutes for driver attention to the immediate surroundings, as well as any people, animals or vehicles in or approaching the vehicle’s maneuvering range. System cannot determine if a space is legally available or of a suitable surface for parking. See Operator’s Manual for additional information, tips and warnings.
7) All Mercedes me services operate only where cellular and GPS signals are available, which are provided by third parties and not within the control of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. Mercedes me Assist Services, and 3 years of Mercedes me connect services are Included at no additional charge with new-vehicle sales and leases at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. Models with COMAND® navigation also include 3 years of over-the-air map updates, 1 year of Concierge Service, and a 1-month trial (up to 1GB) of in-vehicle WiFi and streaming audio. Subscriber Agreement is required for service to be active. Some services are only available on select vehicles. Your PIN is required to use certain services. Connection may be limited by cellular signal and other factors. Features may be introduced and updated at varying dates, and may also require a vehicle software update. Some services may be limited or restricted in some areas. Driver is responsible for complying with traffic and other laws. See your dealer or MBUSA.com/mercedesme for details.
8) No system, regardless of how advanced, can overcome the laws of physics or correct careless driving. Please always wear your seat belt. Performance is limited by available traction, which snow, ice and other conditions can affect. Always drive carefully, consistent with conditions. Best performance in snow is obtained with winter tires.
9) Stated rates of acceleration are based upon manufacturer’s track results and may vary depending on model, environmental and road surface conditions, driving style, elevation and vehicle load.